This thing about ‘tips’ is a bit of an inside joke at work, about a set of tips our boss once presented to us. Anyway, I did have an enjoyable weekend and did my best to get a bit of housework done. No, no nesting instinct yet… *sigh*
Anyway, I just wanted to share a few housekeeping tips that I learned (some, the hard way) this weekend:
- You CAN iron shirts when they’re damp, like even straight out of the washing machine (though I usually put them on a hanger for a while to air out and dry a bit)
- Every time I change my sheets, I have to hunt down the different pieces here and there. If you don’t want to get your sheet sets mixed up, tuck the sheet set into one of the pillowcases and stack them according to size.
- Something I struggle with is clutter – I just need to keep everything, don’t I? It’s the little things that build up to become big things, so I’ve decided that I’ll establish some ground rules:
– Get rid of all junk mail. Don’t be tempted by vouchers that you won’t ever use.
– If it takes less than one minute to do it, do it. Throw something into the bin instead of putting it on the table.
– No more taking freebies, Lianne.
– Get more hooks so you won’t put stuff all over the floor.
– When in doubt, throw it out (or give it to an op shop). No more being sentimental.
- Why struggle washing big things (like huge pots, large trays, range hood covers, etc.) in your sink when you can soak and wash them in your bath tub? I had a good time scrubbing them there – so much more room!
- If you’re using the off-the-shelf oven cleaner, use gloves as they’re corrosive! Next time I do it, I’ll just use water and baking soda. Mix 4 tbsp of baking soda to a litre of water, mix it in a spray bottle and spray it all over the oven. Let it soak in for at least an hour, then use a scraper to get the carbon bits off.
- (This is an obvious tip) Don’t decide to clean your oven when you’re about to prepare something baked for lunch and dinner. Foiled my cooking plans and we had to have toasties and pizza.
- As a final note, I found a list of blogs with some awesome housekeeping tips. I’ll check them out sometime: http://www.housekeeping.org/blog/30-blogs-with-the-best-housekeeping-tips/
- One last random tip: when you forget that you hung your dress on a hook (to take a photo of it), just pretend you were being artsy. I guess it sorta does go with the decor, doesn’t it?
Anyway, since I’m now 38 weeks, I was thinking of doing another pregnancy post.
How far along? 38 Weeks
Total weight gain: Went from 53kg to 65kg. Wow, I’ve never ever been this heavy before!
Maternity clothes? My maternity pants are STILL too big for me haha! Since I’ve stopped work, I’ve graduated to wearing Daniel’s shirts as they’re just the right size and so much more comfy!
Stretch marks? Mum says it’s in my genes that we don’t get stretch marks. Well, that’s a bonus! 🙂
Sleep: I honestly have to admit that this pregnancy has been treating me well on the sleep front. Yes, I do wake up once or twice a night but I go straight back to sleep after. My crazy dreams may be contagious though – Dan’s had a few crazy one and he’s also sleep-talked to me a few times!
Best moment this week: Well, this week’s really just started.. I suppose it was good that we had a spot of spring weather and that Skittles and I saw a koala in the reserve near our house. It was just sitting on a low branch sunning itself.
Miss Anything? Being agile. I used to be able to slip into the tightest corners, but now my belly gets in the way! I also miss sashimi…
Movement: The baby is still really quite active. It’s funny to see my belly go all misshapen when it turns and kicks, etc.
Food cravings: My favourites this week are bananas, Tim Tams and Up&Go’s. This could be related to the fact that I usually can’t be bothered cooking lunch for myself, hence I end up having 2 Up&Go’s and a banana at lunch (and a Tim Tam with hot choc for afternoon tea). I will be more motivated this week!
Baby Shopping: I forgot to take a photo of it, but I basically went on a huge shop for baby stuff at Target. Bought some sheet sets, diapers, toiletries and also got some feeding tops for myself. I must control myself from buying more clothes – they’re just so cute!
Labor Signs: None yet actually! I’m waiting… Cramps once in a while but they’re just Braxton Hicks.
Belly Button in or out? Pretty much out. 🙂
Symptoms: I have to admit this has been a good pregnancy. Just a few aches and pains here and there, tiredness at times, but I find it does improve if I’m up and about (and it helps me sleep well at night too). I’m also a little easily angered (especially by Skittles!).
Next appointment: Thursday again. Not sure why these were spaced 2 weeks apart but I guess all has been good, so I won’t complain.
Looking forward to: Our little baby to join us soon, and to find the perfect name for our baby!